I’m Tobias Kai Schnellbacher
Digital Marketer, Tech Enthusiast, Deal Maker
My Main BIZ
My name is Tobias Kai Schnellbacher, and my main business field is digital marketing.
Without knowing it, I started with something which is today called “local affiliate marketing” in the niche of Costa Rica real estate back in 2006.
Since then, I helped generate several leads and sales for local real estate companies in Costa Rica with my digital marketing skills.
I remember one special case when I helped to sell the first residential home in Costa Rica, where I had to do a bit more than “just” online marketing.
It was one of the first deals where what I did could still be called the work of a traditional real estate agent.
I had to use a local driver for the first showing, since my orientation skills in the Central Valley of Costa Rica were, let’s say, in their beginning stages (navigation apps were still far from common then).
And then the deal was also a bit tough to negotiate. I had to negotiate a high six-figure real estate deal between a Texan seller, a German buyer and a Polish lawyer.
After several similar deals like that, I focused more on the local affiliate marketing part to mainly generate leads for local real estate businesses, since I didn’t see myself doing the work of a typical real estate agent.
During this time, I became also co-owner of several commercial properties.
Still doing local affiliate marketing in the real estate niche, I then expanded into digital affiliate marketing in other international industries.
Besides online marketing and real estate investing, I am also interested in the tech industry in general (especially development with Python), health and wellness and I enjoy writing.
These are some of my active websites:
If you head over to the WayBack Machine you can check also on these past websites of mine:
My main focus is and always has been digital marketing and the real estate industry, but as a hobby, I also like to write.
I have written and published several books in German and Spanish to experiment a bit with self-publishing.
I published a book about business and how entrepreneurs often fail due to different cognitive biases called “Irren ist menschlich, besonders im Business” (Erring is Human, Especially in Business).
Then I wrote a book about how to use WordPress to generate new leads called “Auf die Plätze fertig, Neukunden – Wie Sie Ihre WordPress Praxis optimieren und mehr Neukunden gewinnen” (Ready, Steady, New Leads – How to Optimize Your WordPress Practice and Generate More Leads).
In a joint venture with a friend, I published a book about medical tourism called “Der ultimative Guide für medizinischen Tourismus – Oder wie du ab sofort die Arztrechnung aus der Portokasse zahlst” (The Ultimate Guide to Medical Tourism – or How to Pay Your Medical Bills With Your Petty Cash From Now On).
I also wrote a book about Yoga. “Yoga Para Embarazadas – Tan Feliz Que El Bebé Sale Levitando” (Yoga for the Pregnant) is one of my favorite book projects. I wrote it in Spanish and co-authored it with my girlfriend.
Achievements (private and business)
- When I was 12 years old I fell from an 8 meter high old French Castle staircase. I landed on stone, had multiple bone fractures and SURVIVED!
- I managed to learn Spanish, work and stay alive for 6 months in Honduras. I survived an armed robbery on a bus station in Tegucigualpa, recovered from many Tropical diseases and even managed to sell a German expat’s land, saving him from bankruptcy.
- I graduated from college in Media Systems Design.
- Sold real estate worth several million dollars in Costa Rica with the help of my online marketing skills.
- As a complete beginner I managed to sell the first home without having knowledge of the local area (there was no GPS navigation at that time).
- Saved a $1.5 million farm deal (buyer’s and seller’s attorneys couldn’t get along).
- Graduated as a certified yoga teacher in Costa Rica (all in Spanish).
- Indirectly created employment by a teak investment side project.
- Since 2010 co-own and manage several commercial properties in the San José area and corporations in Costa Rica.
- Despite local and cultural challenges I managed to organize various farm showings with difficult access (including jungle and river crossings) for an investment fund.
- Helped several clients to start new lives and set up shop in Costa Rica.
- Successfully published several E-Books (see my Writing Projects above).