The one in the photo that’s me. My name is Tobias Schnellbacher, and I suck at taking selfies.
Only this day of all days, when I finally managed to take a decent one, I needed to have one earphone in my ear.
When I am not taking bad selfies, I am an online entrepreneur with a passion for digital marketing, copywriting, real estate, minimalism, self-improvement, and comedy writing.
My Work Story
At first, I didn’t know much about what I was doing or where I should start. So, as you may expect, my work story is pretty much all over the place.
But still, I got a college degree (an interdisciplinary course of study in web development, design, and business administration). Before and while studying, I worked in different places, which taught me a lot. So I worked…
- As a driver for people with special needs, I sometimes inhaled the medicinal weed that was smoked by one of the passengers who also had multiple sclerosis. This did not change much of my speedy driving style.
- As a house painter, I also got a degree in reading boulevard magazines that covered essential topics about star gossip and one-dimensional politics.
- As a math private tuition teacher, I didn’t teach much math because my student couldn’t focus for one minute straight.
- In a gym, mixing protein shakes and dealing with clients that often just came to drink protein shakes and coffee, but not to train.
- As a bartender and waiter in a Mexican restaurant and a club for electronic music, I got a degree in “nonviolent communication” and managing narcissistic personality disorders.
- In trade fair constructions, I learned by driving a large truck, you can’t find parking space easily in cities and can’t win red light contests anymore.
- For the software company SAP in the marketing department.
- In a graphic design agency, I learned that details matter a lot. Coffee cups had to be placed precisely the same distance before a meeting.
- As a freelancer building websites, I learned firsthand the everlasting conflict between design and conversion rate optimization.
- As a Yoga teacher getting to know muscle soreness in body parts, I didn’t know they existed.
- As an author publishing Kindle books, getting some reps in producing non-fiction writing but having neglected the marketing (and copywriting) part. So I didn’t exactly land on the New York Times bestseller list, but only by a whisker (of course).
- As a PPC marketing (social and search) and copywriting freelancer for a real estate development company.
For over ten years, I ran an international referral real estate agency, generating mainly buyer leads for local agents and brokerages relying heavily on digital marketing.
My passion for digital marketing, real estate, copywriting, and internet entrepreneurship has been the main constant in these years.